Since it was founded in 1976, NIP, S.A. has been providing consulting, engineering, technology and turnkey projects for the design, construction, operation and maintenance of energy generation, transport and distribution systems, as well as for the storage, regasification, transport and distribution of natural gas for the main companies in the sector, both in Spain and internationally.
We are one of the most highly specialised, qualified independent engineering firms in the electricity and gas sector, and our clear customer focus in terms of quality, flexibility and reliability sets us apart from the rest.
These attributes have allowed us to develop new competitive advantages with an integrated, multidisciplinary approach in the following fields:
Conventional power generation
NIP, S.A. provides engineering, control engineering and maintenance management services to the main power generation system operators:
- Nuclear power plants.
- Thermal and combined cycle power plants.
- Hydroelectric power plants.
NIP, S.A.’s services range from consulting to turnkey projects in the field of renewable energies, which help reduce harmful emissions by respecting the environment.
We work with the main organisations that promote the development of alternative energy in Spain. Our work covers the following fields and technologies:
- Photovoltaic and solar thermal.
- Wind power.
We specialise in the development, construction, operation and maintenance of photovoltaic arrays, with over 100 facilities built and maintained in Spain.
Electric power transmission: Substations and lines
We offer comprehensive services for electric power transmission, from consultation on the planning, design and optimisation of systems to engineering and turnkey construction of substations and low-, medium- and high-voltage power lines.
EThe medium- and low-voltage power distribution sector is one of our main markets. We work for the sector leaders in Spain, including Iberdrola, Endesa, EON and Gas Natural Fenosa, providing our portfolio of services which range from systems consultation to distribution engineering.
Gas and hydrocarbons
NIP, S.A. has an expert team covering the gas and hydrocarbons industry. This team carries out infrastructure projects for the distribution, transport and storageof natural gas and other hydrocarbons, as well as installation projects for our clients in the chemical and petrochemical industry.
We have over 20 years’ constant experience in undertaking engineering and service activities for the construction and operation of distribution networks for gas and other hydrocarbons. During this time, we have worked with the main clients in the sector in Spain and Latin America. We offer all services required by companies that build and operate natural gas distribution networks to supply the residential, retail and industrial sectors, in cities and for large consumers. From consulting and public concession projects to turnkey regulation and measurement station construction projects for low pressure (BP),medium pressure A (MPA) and medium pressure B(MPB).
- Systems consulting.
- GIS solutions.
- EEnergy efficiency.
- Energy audits.
- Improvement projects.
- Management of energy use and reactive power.
- Heat and cold studies.
- Energy certification for buildings.
- Energy infrastructure master plans.
- Regulations and technical specifications for the electricity and gas sectors.
- Management of permits and expropriations.
- Asset management.
- Inventory of movable and immovable property.
- Asset valuation, registration and legalisation.
- (Project phase)Project design:
- Analysis of solar and wind resources.
- Surveying and mapping.
- Geotechnical studies and seismic classification.
- Environmental impact studies.
- Administrative works approval projects.
- Construction projects, detailed engineering: electrical, mechanical, civil engineering, plotting, instrumentation and control, auxiliary systems.
- (construction phase) Property engineering and construction management
- Comprehensive project and construction management.
- Management and supervision of construction works.
- Inspection and quality assurance.
- Cost control, Procurement and supply management.
- Health and safety coordination.
- (Operation phase) Operation and maintenance engineering:
- Maintenance engineering at nuclear plants.
- Support for nuclear plant refuelling phase.
- Assembly engineering.
- Remote and on-site operation and maintenance for photovoltaic plants:
- Predictive, preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Remote monitoring.
- Turnkey electrical lines and substation projects.
- Turnkey projects for the construction of gas pipelines and regulation and measurement stations.
- Turnkey construction projects for PV solar power generation facilities:
- Detailed engineering.
- Procurement management.
- Construction work supervision.
- Commissioning and testing.
- Design, development and maintenance of management solutions for electrical grids on GIS platforms
- Design, development and maintenance of management solutions for gas networks on GIS platforms.
- Land mapping and loading onto systems.
- Data engineering: updating network data on digital platforms, taking field data and geolocation, and loading onto corporate systems.
- Office for the maintenance of network documentation (plans, specifications, etc.).