The Environmental Department is integrated by a multidisciplinary team of qualified employers for performing the following services:
Soil and groundwater research and characterization
Soil studies for Base Situation Reports, Exploratory and detailed investigations, Certification of Remaining Soil, Soil investigation for ownership changes, activity cessation, etc.
Design and monitoring of networks for piezometry control:
Hydrogeological studies, Installation of control piezometers, monitoring and maintenance, Sampling and Characterization of groundwater, Database development.
Soil and Groundwater remediation:
Design and execution of soil and groundwater remediation projects in industrial plants.
Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) Programs:
Development of LDAR Programs in refineries and chemical plants, Calculation of emissions and database development.
Environmental Risk report, RBCA “Risk Based Corrective Action”, Development and update of Preliminary Soils Reports, Environmental impact studies.
Accredited by ENAC as Environmental Inspection Entity in the field of Potentially Contaminated Soils and associated Groundwater since 2008 (ISO 17020).
Accredited by the Basque Country Government as an Entity for Investigation and Recovery of Contaminated Soils, according with Spanish Decree 199/2006, which includes the performance of Quantitative Risk Analysis and soils and groundwater decontamination.
Collaborating Entity of the Ministry of Environment of the Junta de Andalucía (registration number REC048) and Hazardous Waste Manager to execute soil decontamination projects.
- • Accredited Entity by the Junta de Extremadura in the field of contaminated soils.
- CEPSA REFINERÍA GIBRALTAR SAN ROQUE
- CEPSA REFINERÍA LA RÁBIDA
Water management and administration:
- Delimitation of public waters.
- Support for Spanish water boards in administrative processes.
- Expropriation management.
- Definition of regulations for the granting of concessions.
- Monitoring of concessions and usage.
- Water infrastructure master plans.
- Dam management and operation.
- Regulations for dam operation.
- Asset management: inventory of movable and immovable assets, asset valuation, registration and legalisation.
Hydrology and hydrogeology:
- Flood routing.
- Minimum flow studies.
- Drought studies.
- Erosion studies.
- Regulation studies.
Water supply and sanitation:
- Consulting on water loss management in distribution networks.
- Consulting on GIS systems.
- Mathematical modelling and simulation of network operation.
- Network planning.
- Development of regulations and technical specifications.
- Market research and feasibility studies.
- Noise and odour pollution studies.
- Evaluation of health and ecosystem risks.
- Identification and evaluation of environmental risks in accordance with Spanish standard UNE 150.008:2008.
Hydrology and hydrogeology:
- Calculation and analysis of demand.
- Joint regulation of surface water and groundwater.
- Design and construction of quality assurance networks for groundwater.
- Groundwater operation projects.
- Aquifer recharging studies and projects.
- Establishing protection perimeters.
- Environmental impact studies.
- Land and groundwater environmental diagnostic studies
- LDAR programmes and calculation of fugitive emissions.
Water construction works:
- Conditioning of river banks and channelling.
- Reservoirs, hydro power plants and water pumping stations.
- Canals and irrigation zones.
- Treatment plants.
Water Supply and sanitation:
- Distribution network projects.
- Meter reading.
- Decontamination of land and its groundwater.
- Turnkey projects for environmental remediation of polluted sites.
- Design, development and maintenance of IT systems for the management of water and sanitation networks on GIS platforms.
- System integration.
- Generation, structuring and loading of land mapping onto GIS systems.
- Data engineering: updating network data on digital platforms, taking field data and geolocation, and loading onto corporate systems.
- Client geolocation.
- Office for the maintenance of network documentation (plans, specifications, etc.).