Description Customer and Project
Over the last years, many Spanish municipalities have experimented important increase in public and private energy consumption. Different studies have revealed that reasonably priced energy saving and efficiency actuations can be introduced to obtain more than 20% savings.
For that reason, some Provincial Councils, like Salamanca or Seville, have ordered several Energy Optimization Plans from NIPSA for the municipalities where the saving can be higher, in order to improve efficiency of the same.
Consultancy for preparation of Energy Optimization Plans has been carried out in the following municipalities:
- Salamanca Province: Ciudad Rodrigo, El Payo, Fuenteguinaldo, La Fuente de San Esteban, Sancti-Spiritus, Fuentes de Oñoro, Lumbrales, Vitigudino and Gallegos de Argañán with a combined population of about 26,006.
- Seville Province: Cantillana, Constantina, Gerena, Almadén de la Plata, Alanís de la Sierra, San Nicolás del Puerto, Villaverde del Río, Las Navas de la Concepción, and El Pedroso with a combined population of about 36,330.
- Inventory of energy equipment and installations both in public lighting grid and traffic lights as well as other municipal offices and installations. Development of an information system for element management and localization.
- Tariff analysis. Recompilation of municipal electricity bills and making a study to optimize electricity supplies. Development of computer tools to help managing and optimizing supplies.
- Energy diagnostics in public lighting and traffic light installations. Preparation of an energy study for each public lightening and traffic light control centre. Development of computer tools to help managing and optimizing installations.
- Energy diagnostics in municipal dependencies. Preparation of an energy audit for each municipal dependency.
- Actuation Plan. After detecting the measures for improving electricity billing, public lighting, traffic lights, and municipal dependencies, preparation of a Partial Plan for Energy Actuations including the analysed measures and classifying them according to economic, energy and environmental criteria. The Plan includes the works project for each measure to be taken, its estimate, indicating the characteristics / quality of the equipment to be installed.
- Training of municipal technicians in energy saving matters and in management tools designed for monitoring actuations and municipal energy elements.
- Training in energy efficiency and renewable energies by means of giving a course aimed at titled technicians.
- Promotion of good energy use at home by means of diffusion campaigns in the press, publishing of leaflets, and a book summarising the work and conclusions reached.
- Promotion for carrying out energy saving actuations in the municipality