NIP, S.A. Branch Bolivia signs a contract of more than 1 million dollars for the supervision of the project “Massive update of cadastral records in the municipality of Santa Cruz de la Sierra”, after being the winner with the best technical score of a demanding international public tender of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).
Santa Cruz de la Sierra is the most populated city in Bolivia with more than 2 million inhabitants in its metropolitan area, and is currently considered the economic center of the country. It is divided into 22 urban districts and 3 rural districts, and is made up of 10 concentric rings, each 1 to 2 km away from each other, and 27 radial rings that start from the first ring to cross the entire city.
This new project entrusted to NIP, S.A. by the Executing Unit of the Municipal Management Improvement Program (Unidad Ejecutora del Programa de Mejora de Gestión Municipal, UEP) from the Ministry of Public Works, Services and Housing of the Plurinational State of Bolivia, is added to the previous projects of Cadastral Supervision, also entrusted to NIP, S.A. in the last 2 years, within the same program, in the most important municipalities of Bolivia:
- Municipal Autonomous Government of El Alto.
- Municipal Autonomous Government of Sacaba.
- Municipal Autonomous Government of Sucre.
- Municipal Autonomous Government of Oruro.
- Municipal Autonomous Government of Cochabamba.
The scope of these works includes the Supervision, Monitoring, Quality Control and Approval of:
- LIDAR airborne flight and point cloud of the 70,000 Has of the consolidated urban area.
- Classification of the density of points corresponding to the cartographic elements according to the catalogue of cartographic elements based on ISO/TC 211 N 834. and associated metadata based on ISO 19115.
- Obtaining the volumetric base cartography of the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra to present the 3D map at 1:1000 scale.
- Digitalization and conversion of the existing graphic information from the OTPR system to WGS-84, linked to the cadastral theme of the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra.
- Massive works for the update of the graphical delimitation of the properties, roads, etc. object of survey.
- Creation of the database (alphanumeric) of the Updated Cadastral Registry, complemented with information from other sources, such as the RUAT, digital system of the cadastral file, and information of law and object in the services (light, water, etc.).
- Integration of the Geographical Databases and Data in a data repository (Data Warehouse) and validation of the integration of the cadastral information in the Geographical Information System (GIS) of the Municipal Autonomous Government.
The project will be executed in a period of 12 months, applying the methodological processes developed by NIP, S.A. in the supervision of cadastral projects and will have the participation of a highly qualified multidisciplinary team made up of engineers in cartography and geodesy, experts in photogrammetry and LIDAR technology, cadastral engineers, architects, experts in geographic information systems and other specialized technicians.